WEST COUNTRY TOURISM CONFERENCE
The 2017 West Country Tourism Conference will be at Westpoint, Exeter on 8 and 9 February 2017. Planning is progressing well – with a few changes – and we will announce the programme shortly. In the meantime please register your interest using the SUBSCRIBE option on this page
The 2016 West Country Tourism Conference was a sell out - enjoyed by over 300 delegates 95% of whom rated the event Excellent or Good.
The programme saw a wide range of speakers and topics:
WEDNESDAY 10th FEBRUARY - MANAGING & DEVELOPING YOUR BUSINESS
- Tom Ross told the story of The Pig Hotel, one of England's great hotel success stories in the last few years
- Sharon Orrell, Head of Research & Insight at VisitEngland updated on Domestic Tourism Trends
- Property expert Stephen Page updated on 'Buying & Selling' in the current market
- 'The Living Wage' - and what it means to tourism - the topic of Amy Hulne of the Living Wage Foundation and Patrick Langmaid of Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park
- 'Employees & workers; risks, responsibilities & rewards' covered by Terry Falcao of Stephens Scown solicitors
- Janet East from Yellingham Farm shared her story of transition from management consultant to award-winning B&B owner
- 'The changing face of holiday parks' the topic of Luke Hansford, Business Development Manager of Hoseasons
- Maggie Watson from the award-winning Wheatland Farm shared her views on 'The Case for Going Green', alongside Mark Ogden of Triodos Bank
- 'Welcome to Excellence' the topic for Purple Cloud's David Dann
- Lindsey Edmonds of RedwellGB on 'Improving the guest experience using healthy heat'
- 'Water Retail' - and what it means to tourism businesses - covered by John Crouch of South West Water business services
- Paul Bray, Fire Safety Protection Officer for Devon & Somerset - update on protecting your business
THURSDAY 11th FEBRUARY - MARKETING & DIGITAL
- Stuart Devlin from Clockwork Marketing spoke on 'How to Stand Out in a Crowded Market'
- 'How does the world view the West Country' was the topic of Tripadvisor's Justin Reid
- 'The Elephant behind the Tree' was the topic of Booking.com's Jitka Foralova
- 'Get up to speed - Digital Megatrends' - Kate Doodson, Cosmic
- We'll hear about Online Travel Agents, including the new Fairbookinguk.com scheme from founding partner Anthony Climpson
- Also 'Droning On' - using aerial video to market your business - from SoundView's Gareth Allen and 'How to Waste Money on Video' from Blinkback's David Kilkelly
- 'Blogging for Tourism businesses' from Dominic Garnett, Senior Copywriter at Clockwork Marketing
- The ever-popular Tom Moore from Stephens Scown solicitors on 'Consumer Rights and Data Protection' - and how to stay the right side of this fast changing law
- Chair of Visit Devon, Victoria Hatfield, on 'The New Visit Devon'
You can see messages from the event on Twitter at @WCTConf and Facebook HERE
- Annual Tourism Conference launched Posted: 13th January 2016
© 2016 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services