WEST COUNTRY TOURISM CONFERENCE
The 2016 West Country Tourism Conference was a sell out - enjoyed by over 300 delegates at Westpoint, near Exeter, on 10 and 11 February 2016 alongside the Source Trade Show.
The programme saw a wide range of speakers and topics:
WEDNESDAY 10th FEBRUARY - MANAGING & DEVELOPING YOUR BUSINESS
- We'll hear from Tom Ross of The Pig Hotel, one of England's great hotel success stories in the last few years
- Sharon Orrell, Head of Research & Insight at VisitEngland will update on Domestic Tourism Trends
- Property expert Stephen Page will update on 'Buying & Selling' in the current market
- 'The Living Wage' - and what it means to tourism - is the topic of Amy Hulne of the Living Wage Foundation and Patrick Langmaid of Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park
- 'Employees & workers; risks, responsibilities & rewards' will be covered by Terry Falcao of Stephens Scown solicitors
- Janet East from Yellingham Farm will share her story of transition from management consultant to award-winning B&B owner
- 'The changing face of holiday parks' will be the topic of Luke Hansford, Business Development Manager of Hoseasons
- Maggie Watson from the award-winning Wheatland Farm will share her views on 'The Case for Going Green', alongside Mark Ogden of Triodos Bank
- 'Welcome to Excellence' will be the topic for Purple Cloud's David Dann
- Lindsey Edmonds of RedwellGB will tell us about 'Improving the guest experience using healthy heat'
- 'Water Retail' - and what it means to tourism businesses - will be covered by John Crouch of South West Water business services
- Paul Bray, Fire Safety Protection Officer for Devon & Somerset - will update on protecting your business
- Accommodation Trends and the Future - Deborah Heather of Quality in Tourism
THURSDAY 11th FEBRUARY - MARKETING & DIGITAL
- Stuart Devlin from Clockwork Marketing will speak on 'How to Stand Out in a Crowded Market'
- 'How does the world view the West Country' is the topic of Tripadvisor's Justin Reid
- 'The Elephant behind the Tree' is the topic of Booking.com's Jitka Foralova
- 'Get up to speed - Digital Megatrends' - Kate Doodson, Cosmic
- We'll hear about Online Travel Agents, including the new Fairbookinguk.com scheme from founding partner Anthony Climpson
- Also 'Droning On' - using aerial video to market your business - from SoundView's Gareth Allen and 'How to Waste Money on Video' from Blinkback's David Kilkelly
- 'Blogging for Tourism businesses' will be the topic of Dominic Garnett, Senior Copywriter at Clockwork Marketing
- The ever-popular Tom Moore from Stephens Scown solicitors will cover 'Consumer Rights and Data Protection' - and how to stay the right side of this fast changing law
- Chair of Visit Devon, Victoria Hatfield, will update us on 'The New Visit Devon'
You can see messages from the event on Twitter at @WCTConf and Facebook HERE
The 2017 Conference will be on 8 and 9 February 2017.
- Annual Tourism Conference launched Posted: 13th January 2016
© 2016 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services