WEST COUNTRY TOURISM CONFERENCE
The 2019 West Country Tourism Conference will be on 6 & 7 February 2019 alongside the Source Trade Show at Westpoint, just east of Exeter. We already have several top speakers confirmed and will update this website as the programme develops with more info in October - when we plan a complete site relaunch.
In the meantime this site gives background info on the 2018 conference, attended by nearly 300 delegates and with feedback rating of over 95% excellent or good.
Speakers and topics for the 2018 Conference included the following:
7th Feb 'Excellence'
- Geoff Ramm - after his top rating in 2017, Geoff took 'Celebrity Service' to yet higher levels (Watch Geoff's short video message HERE)
- Katie Davies from Moors Valley Country Park shared her experiences on making the award-winning attraction more inclusive & accessible
- Trend Setters & Go Getters - Pete and Helen from Clockwork Marketing will led an inspirational tour of the trends they’re seeing in the hospitality industry, along with top tips on how to make the most of them
- 'Benchmarking and continuous improvement' was the topic of Deborah Heather from Quality in Tourism
- Nigel Ponsford of SWW Business shared tips on conserving water
- Employee or worker: An Uber difficult question? (The gig economy – impact on employment status in the tourism industry) - from Terry Falcão of Stephens Scown solicitors
- Inspiring and engaging the next generation - Gemma Edmonds, Springboard
- Offering placements to students - an update from Plymouth University
8th Feb 'Marketing, Digital & Being Profitable'
- Profit, OTAs and the booking mix, an insiprational and informative session facilitated by Alison Northfield of Revenue by Design - with presentations and input from Booking.com, eviivo and Clockwork Marketing
- Marketing insights & VisitEngland marketing plans - Anke Monestel, VisitEngland
- Cutting edge digital priorities - Kate Doodson, Cosmic
- Engaging consumers through Virtual Reality - Gareth Allen, Soundview
- Making Strides in the USA - the award winning founder of Alison Howell's Foot Trails shared her story on breaking into the US market
- The Multi-Million-Pound Giveaway! and the new data laws - Thomas Chartres-Moore, Stephens Scown solicitors
- 'The new Visit Devon' - news and future plans, VisitDevon community interest company
The full programme can be seen HERE.
© 2018 Services For Tourism Ltd. Maintained and hosted by Clockwork Marketing