West Country Tourism Conference
The 2021 West Country Tourism Conference has been postponed owing to government restrictions, details of our next event will be confirmed soon.
In the meantime here are some reflections from the 2020 event ...
The popular West Country Tourism Conference returned to Westpoint alongside the Source Trade Show on 5 and 6 February 2020, with two ‘extended mornings’ of topical presentations. Wednesday 5th focused on Tourism Ideas and Excellence, whilst Thursday 6th had a Marketing, Digital and PR theme.
We were delighted to announce the return of several top speakers from recent years including ‘Celebrity Service’ Geoff Ramm, solicitor Thomas Chartres-Moore, the team from Clockwork and ‘Cosmic Kate’.
WEDNESDAY 5 FEBRUARY – Tourism Ideas and Excellence
- Geoff Ramm – Celebrity Service - insights and ideas to inspire us all to make 2020 our greatest year yet (HEADLINE SPEAKER)
- Keeping the fun in festivals: sustainability is more than banning single use plastics – Bev and Sarah Milner Simonds, eat:Festivals
- Key Digital Trends for 2020 and Beyond – Kate Doodson, Cosmic
- Leadership in Tourism – June Donnery, Perran Sands Holiday Park (and winner of Business Leader award in Cornwall Tourism Awards)
- The SW Tourism Alliance and the Safe and Legal Campaign – Alistair Handyside, South West Tourism Alliance, PASC and Higher Wiscombe
- Who says you can’t teach an old dogs new tricks – the importance of training and developing your employees – Ellie Hibberd, Stephens Scown solicitors
- Don’t Pull the Cord! Ramping up your Accessibility - Heather Brown and Neil Warren from Living Options
THURSDAY 6 FEBRUARY – Marketing, Digital and PR
- Awards and targeting the US – Alex Graeme, Unique Devon Tours
- Will the Dutch still come post Brexit? – Ruud Jansen Venneboer, Mazzard Farm
- Your business in a world post Brexit - Thomas Chartres-Moore, Stephens Scown solicitors
- Marketing Across the Guest Journey - Where To Invest Time & Money – Helen Laing & Pete Stevens, Clockwork Marketing
- Extended Reality (XR) - What is it and how can I use it as a marketing tool? – Gareth Allen, Soundview
- What Has Sneaky Google Been Up To? - Updates, Marketing Tricks & Tips! – Helen Laing & Pete Stevens, Clockwork Marketing
- Instagram and Social Influencing - Claire Fogel, Content Creator, Commercial Photographer and Visual Storyteller for brands on Instagram, and creator of @clairebearlondon
- The Dos and Don't of Responding to Reviews - Debbie Neate, Neate Marketing
- What you can do with LinkedIn – Lesley Anderson, Hedgerow Marketing